You can sign up for classes, webinars and conferences to attend live, or receive recordings and extensive handouts (within 48 hours of order) as listed below if they are ordered directly from me. Order other lectures directly from sponsoring conference or group. Bookmark this page and keep checking back for additional dates as confirmed. If you are interested in arranging a talk or class, please email your request.
Presented on Sunday November 13, 2022. Two-Hour Webinar.
Eclipses have always been the best predictors of events that affect you and the world at large. Focusing on current eclipses, we will see how they activate your natal chart and impact humankind. Eclipses are potent for several months before and after they occur depending on the degrees they cross.
This year should be a recovery year, especially in the spring, when instead of the economy going up and down like the next few months, it should start to stabilize but there will be many other astrological signatures that will bring new challenges in addition to sewing up the old ones.
Some (but not all) planetary signatures we will cover are as follows:
- Brief recap of 2022 as it leads into 2023.
- Ingresses: When each planet changes sign. This year in addition to the usual Sun through Mars ingresses there are: Jupiter entering sidereal Aries/tropical Taurus; Saturn entering sidereal Aquarius/tropical Pisces; Neptune entering sidereal Pisces; Pluto entering tropical Aquarius briefly; Nodes entering sidereal Pisces-Virgo; tropical Aries-Libra.
- Lunations (New and Full Moons)
- Four eclipses: April 19 (solar); May 5 (lunar); October 14 (solar); October 28 (lunar).
- Planetary Stations and Annual retrograde cycles of Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. This year Mars stations direct on January 12 but stays in tropical Gemini from August 20, 2022 to March 25, 2023. Mars stays in sidereal Taurus and Gemini from August 10, 2022 to May 10, 2023. Mars retrograde arc (shadow) from September 3, 2022 – March 16, 2023. Venus retrograde from July 22-September 3.
- Notable aspects
- Overview month to month of lunations and each sun/rising sign.
And Much More……
All About Eclipses of 2023. Talking with Jackie Slevin on her show Planet Speak on Bold Brave TV.
Listen to this great conversation between two experienced astrologers about the nature of eclipses in general, pre-natal eclipses, what to expect from eclipses, and looking at the chart of Prince William, who was born under an eclipses.
Watch it on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-U0ZuBa4EQ
Virtual Fresh Talents of Jyotish Conference: Nakshatras. Sponsored by Komilla Sutton.
Thursday January 26-Sunday January 29, 2023.
My lecture is Friday January 27, 1:15 PM EST. When Rahu Rules: An In-depth look at Ardra, Svati, and Shatabhisa. We’ll take a deep dive into the Moon’s placement in the three Rahu-ruled Nakshatras as we explore their mythology, stars, and temperament. Most importantly, we will see how Rahu’s intensity, power, and transformative ability uniquely affect these lunar mansions. The focus will also be on the Nakshatras’ placements in Gemini (Ardra), Libra (Svati), and Aquarius (Shatabhisa).
Virtual Presentation for SMARRT. NCGR Ann Arbor Michigan Chapter. Most people have heard about the 18-year Saros eclipse cycle and the 19-year Metonic lunation cycle, but do not fully understand their effect in your personal chart and the world. In this presentation, you will see amazing examples of how these cycles work and how to apply them to your own past, present and future. Mark the date. Information forthcoming.
This series of classes is NOT a crash course even though when you complete it you will have rudimentary tools with which to start analyzing the chart. We will cover the basic level of Jyotisa, or Vedic Astrology. This incorporates basic tools for beginning chart interpretation and forecasting including history, some Sanskrit meanings and pronunciation of concepts, and supplemental reading material and videos, and discussion group in between classes. Everyone will receive recordings and power point presentation the next day, whether you attend live or not. If you sign up for the entire series you will thoroughly learn Jyotisa and even some Sanskrit.
After taking Level One and Level Two you will be prepared to take the test for Certification Level I of ACVA (American College of Vedic Astrology), if you choose. There will be opportunities to read supplemental material, do assignments, and review what we learned, but that is up to you. A book list will be provided once you register. The class will be virtual, and you will receive an audio-visual presentation, audio MP3, and extensive handouts.
- History and Development of Jyotisa
- Concept of Karma and how it applies to Jyotisa
- Overview of Days of Week, Nakshatras (Moon Mansions), and Tithis (Lunar Days)
- Indian sidereal zodiac; ayanamsha,
- Drawing the chart and moon chart (North v. South Indian)
- Introduction to planets, lunar nodes, signs, houses.
- Aspects, Combustion, planetary war.
- Moon Chart (Candra Lagna); Moon’s Nakshatras.
- Planetary Friends and Enemies
- Yogas (Special planetary combinations)
- Keys to Chart Interpretation
- Forecasting techniques: Dashas and Transits. and much much more. If you need more information please feel free to email me.